John Lennon’s KILLER Gets Update
(DailyVantage.com) – Mark David Chapman shot famed Beatle John Lennon in the back four times outside his New York City home on December 8, 1980. The killer remained at the scene until police showed up and placed him under arrest. In June 1981, he pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and received a sentence of 20 years to life in prison. Over the years, he’s been up for parole — and denied — 12 times. The latest rejection came last month.
In August, Chapman made a 12th attempt at regaining his freedom. Nothing changed. The parole board remanded him to prison again, though the transcript of the hearing, and thus the reasoning, is not yet public knowledge.
John Lennon's killer denied parole again, for 12th time https://t.co/Rp9q7gIIEl pic.twitter.com/OeyDIGMEUa
— New York Post (@nypost) September 13, 2022
Chapman has attended parole hearings every two years since 2000, when he first became eligible for release. Lennon’s wife, Yoko Ono, has written to the board each time, asking them not to free her husband’s killer. So far, the parole board members have obliged. Even the inmate, who said he killed the famous musician for “self-glory,” doesn’t seem to mind the denials. He’s previously expressed remorse for his actions and said he has “no complaint whatsoever” about spending the rest of his life behind bars.
Chapman will be eligible again in 2024.
Copyright 2022, DailyVantage.com